A1 CREATIVES >> SILVER
A1Creatives Silver is a ready to use three-component system consisting of a mineral powder, a water-based resin and Silver dust. These bind in such a way that a very strong object is created with a Silver look. A1Creatives is water-based, easy to use and does not contain solvents. A1Creatives is developed to be casted into a (silicone) mould as it will create a copy of the mould with all fine details.
A1Creatives Silver consists of:
- 100 grams of A1Creatives Silver Liquid
- 200 grams of A1Creatives Silver Powder
- Silver dust powder
The mixing ratio to create a mixture is 1 part Liquid and 2 parts Powder on weight. The Silver dust is used to apply a thin layer into the mould before casting the mixture. Make sure all components are present before starting to mix. Use a scale if needed.
- Determine the amount of A1Creatives needed. The A1Creatives Silver set is enough for approx. 150 ml in volume. If needed you can combine several sets of A1Creatives Silver together.
- Apply a thin layer of Silver dust into the mould with a brush. Make sure the surplus of dust is removed from the mould as this might create air entrapment.
- Shake the liquid well and pour 1 part liquid (on weight) into a cup.
- Put 2 parts of Powder (on weight) into the same cup.
- Mix the Liquid and the Powder until all lumps have disappeared. Normally this will take between 30 and 60 seconds.
- Pour about half of the mixture into the mould and shake or tap on the sides of the mould to remove any possible air entrapments. For more complex moulds we suggest to rotate the mould several time to create a layer of the mixture in the whole mould and to remove any possible air entrapments. An alternative is to brush a first layer of the mixture in the mould.
- Fill the mould with the rest of the mixture.
- Wait between 20 and 60 minutes to let the A1Creatives Silver to cure. Use the leftover in the mixing cup to verify if the A1Creatives Silver has cured. Extend the waiting time (for fragile objects with several hours) if needed.
- Release the A1Creatives Silver object from the mould. Leaving the object for 24 hours into the mould (do not demould) will result in a darker Silver finish.
- After placing the object onto a surface expect some moist to be released on the surface as the curing will continue for the next few hours.
- For a even more shiny look, polish the A1Creatives Silver object by hand with a cloth or use a polish machine.
A1Creatives Silver instruction video:
- Protect your clothes when mixing as A1Creatives Silver has excellent adhesion to your clothes when spilt onto.
- You can clean your hands with soap and water.
- The mixing cup can be cleaned after curing by cracking the leftover of the A1Creatives Silver.
- Do not pour any uncured A1Creatives into a sink, as the curing will continue under water and can block the sewer.
- The remaining of the A1Creatives Silver can be smashed and used as filler for new A1Creatives projects.
- A1Creatives Silver is not a hazardous substance or mixture.
- Avoid the inhalation of dust.
- Use gloves if preferred.
- If inhaled: fresh air.
- In case of skin contact: rinse skin with water.
- In case of eye contact: rinse out with plenty of water. Remove contact lenses.
- If swallowed: drink water (two glasses at most). Consult a doctor if feeling unwell.
A1 (Acrylic One)
A1Creatives is based on A1. For more information on the possibilities of A1 visit our website www.activecomposite.com
Examples of A1Creatives Silver objects: